Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know, based on color or graphics, what is the year model of this frame?

I just bought it and I'll be building it up after I receive it. Does anyone know what type bottom bracket it can take and also the seat post size?

According to the seller it is True temper OX CompII, Double-Butted tubing and has a 1 1/8" head tube if that helps with the year.

Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
148 Posts
well....looking thru the 95 cat. shows THAT color with BLACK decals. probly like Acme said, 96-97 or so. i gotta 95 970 with the year stamped in BB shell next to model and serial #'s. Yours may as well. If its any help, my BB is like 73x113, unsure of model #, seat tube is 27.2 . nice lookin frame, have fun building it up

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 98 and it doesn't look like that, sweet frame though I have it set up as a single speed now. Lots and lots of miles it was my first mtb bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for your replies. My first mtb was a Trek 830 in 1986 - HS graduation gift. I owned 3 or 4 over the next several years ending up with a C-dale SE2000 - their rear suspension/rigid fork model from 1992. It was stolen in 1998 and I haven't ridden since. I really haven't had time anyway.

I want to get back into riding, but didn't want to spend too much initially in case it doesn't stick - I still really don't have much time. I also really wanted a steel hardtail. So I bought this frame - $69 including shipping on eBay - and I'll build it up with some older 7-speed XT and XTR parts I have already. I look forward to getting it, building it up, and hitting the trails again.

Thanks again for the info.

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts