Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have some stuff for sale, but I'm not sure what I want to do and how much to ask, so it's kind of weird putting it in the classifieds. I have a new 2004 Kona Stab with only like 30 miles on it that I'd like to switch the pedal situation around on, depending on how much stuff I can get rid of. Basically I need it set up similar to a Stinky Primo. I ride alot of rocky trails that have great DH sections, but they are rather short, typically half a mile, so I have to pedal up some. I got a great deal on the Stab, otherwise I would have gotten the stinky. I have the MRT chainguide, bottom bracket, husslefelt crankset, original 42t ring, but it currently has a Salsa 34t ring with half the chainguide bash guard on just so I can pedal it better. Theoretically I would like to sell the whole setup and get a RaceFace Diabolus crankset and some type of shifter/derailleur setup. Think it's possible to sell the whole thing at once? Should I part it out? Thanks. I also wouldn't mind trying to sell the Jr. T and getting an 888 if I could get enough out of it. It already has thicker oil and an air assist valve, maybe that would help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At this point my intention was more of a "is it worth it, what should I do, what should I part with, wonder what the market is" type of thing more than it was "Hey I gots this crap for sale and this is how much I want for it." Once I'm to that point, I'll be more than happy to post on the classified section. Just trying to figure out my best option without going broke at this point.

·
Registered
895 Posts
you're going about it all wrong. Don't go and screw with your set-up. If you got a fox RC or even R you should send it into www.pushindustries.com real quick and get them to valve it up for ya (makes for million times better pedalling). Also, instead of getting the 888, get a sherman slider. With it's SPV technology you'll find it to be much eaisier to pedal up those little hills and such. Just my .02 :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.