Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a knobby is ripped half off. Any guidance would be appreciated. Can I just glue it down with patch glue? Thank you.

Attachments

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Your kidding right? Just rip it off whats one knobby?

Ah hell just giving you a hard time use some rubber cement and it will be as good as it will ever get.

·
Rhino
567 Posts
That tire is trashed, I wouldn't ride on it. Where do you live, I'll recycle it for you.

I would try Shoe Goo (as already mentioned) or JB Weld. Not sure what JB Weld will do to the rubber though but it works on just about everything.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clockwork said:
Your kidding right? Just rip it off whats one knobby?

Ah hell just giving you a hard time use some rubber cement and it will be as good as it will ever get.
hahahah. the knobby itself aint no biggie. i should have clarified, that the rip exposed some of the casing. Thanks!

·
I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
185 Posts
Super-Glue & an empty Gu pack

I have about 3 knobbies that I have glued back on my current tires. two or three drops on the inside (knob to tire), and once that dries, super-glue the edges (added strength). just in case some of the super-glue has seeped through or made a hard surface on the inside of the tire, I place and empy Gu pack in between the tire and tube.

Yeah, I know "GHETTO" :rolleyes: but, I'm paying waaaaaaaaaaaay to much just to get to trail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.