Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 S-works Enduro - the 'other' enduro. I thought it might be fun to make a carbon one too - if the travel can be bumped to 6.5 like the one I have now. The BB isn't very high so bumping it up a little wouldn't be bad for me anyway.

This one:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm not sure if you can, that rear end is pretty specific to the shock on it... I have seen people running those frames with dhx air's though.

I personally wouldn't try it, attempting to modify the bike in ways that it's not intended will almost certainly void the warranty. It'll almost certainly also modify your geometry which means you run the risk of potentially screwing up the geometry that makes the bike so capable.

an extra half inch of travel isn't even worth it... it's not like the half inch of travel is going to make you better, faster, able to go bigger. That's all in the head. The Enduro SL is pretty darn capable from xc rides to all day long assaults on the gnarliest dh trails at ski resorts. I'd leave it be.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
are you asking about the front or rear....Dont know abot the rear..i guess u could get a shock with a little longer stroke but as far as spacing the travel out to 160mm on the E150 u cant u need another fork like the lyrik which i am presently installing on my bike or a fox 36 but if u switch forks u need different hubs because the through axle on the e150 is 25mm whilst the rest are 20mm (fox, Marzzochi, Rockshox..ect)

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you put the correct length shock in the high BB position with a longer stroke, it'll be in the same starting point as in the low BB position, moving through the normal range of motion - just both added together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.