Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've seen numerous times that new intense bikes are coming for this summer and I'm curious if there's any chance the Tracer could change, we know the primer is getting an update which is pretty good but I like my primer the way it is. If the Tracer follows suit with like of Yeti pivot or transition maybe it would be a better bike maybe not most people seem to like it the way it is and I'm kind of thinking I would too. I want a good climbing jumping bike to be above my primer but below my Uzzi. My Uzzi is for sale so the recluse is out of the game

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm wanting a new 140-150mm travel trail bike not like the recluse but built from the ground up to be that. More of a enduro-lite that can still pedal. (Bronson beater)

Then I'll sell my recluse.

Pretty sure this is coming please don't make it 29er only.

Pm me some pics I promise I won't tell :cool:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
since he's posting teasers i'll say i was told august for 2020 line. they of course wouldn't say anything else. obviously, whatever they're releasing already has molds and is ramping up, so no idea what he's building there (assuming they're not old pics he's just now posting for marketing purposes lol).

they're probably waiting for Pivot and Santa Cruz to burn their matches first lol idk.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
^ what he said. For the love of god man, please separate some if those independent clauses. Honestly, I'd love to see some commas in there too. Almost every time you used "but" there should have been a comma before it even after you split things out into sentences. It made me short of breath and I wasn't even reading it out loud.

Reactions: levity

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ what he said. For the love of god, man, please separate some if those independent clauses. Honestly, I'd love to see some commas in there too. Almost every time you used "but" there should have been a comma before it even after you split things out into sentences. It made me short of breath and I wasn't even reading it out loud.
Haha, I, used, Google, voice, to, text, it, doesn't,know, where, to, put, commas, or, periods.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
805 Posts
since he's posting teasers i'll say i was told august for 2020 line. they of course wouldn't say anything else. obviously, whatever they're releasing already has molds and is ramping up, so no idea what he's building there (assuming they're not old pics he's just now posting for marketing purposes lol).

they're probably waiting for Pivot and Santa Cruz to burn their matches first lol idk.
Santa Cruz aready updated the Bronson and v10.

G

·
I'm wanting a new 140-150mm travel trail bike not like the recluse but built from the ground up to be that. More of a enduro-lite that can still pedal. (Bronson beater)

What's wrong with the recluse? I have a 2018 Bronson, and a 2017 Recluse frame...I need to build up the Intense. The Bronson pedals ok, but not great. Just looking for feedback :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts

I like the Recluse but want more travel because it is too close to my Primer. Something like 150-160 in a 27.5 that is nimble and can climb as well because I think they have a gap in their lineup. Not a big fan of the Tracer or Carbine 29 because neither is very pedal friendly and are big beasts of bikes. They are going to have to compete with a lot of bikes in that category. Most notably the Jeffsy.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like the Recluse but want more travel because it is too close to my Primer. Something like 150-160 in a 27.5 that is nimble and can climb as well because I think they have a gap in their lineup. Not a big fan of the Tracer or Carbine 29 because neither is very pedal friendly and are big beasts of bikes. They are going to have to compete with a lot of bikes in that category. Most notably the Jeffsy.
Ya a lightish 150mm that can pedal 10-15mm longer chainstays 10-15mm more reach degree slacker and 7-10mm lower bb.

I have my recluse set up pretty good but don't think I ride it as intended.
I'm running 165mm ribbon coil with a -1.5 angleset and a DB inline coil. So it is not really Poppy and playful but a ground hugging pedal friendly bike that can corner pretty well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
all I want is a 150 primer with like a 66-66.5 hta. 10 mm longer chainstays (so i can fit a 2.5). 10mm more reach maybe 15 for giggles. Oh with 200x57 shock standard. bb can stay stay the same i have enough issues with roots and rocks here in pisgah.

·
Registered
212 Posts
all I want is a 150 primer with like a 66-66.5 hta. 10 mm longer chainstays (so i can fit a 2.5). 10mm more reach maybe 15 for giggles. Oh with 200x57 shock standard. bb can stay stay the same i have enough issues with roots and rocks here in pisgah.
This...except 140mm rear travel designed around a 140-150mm fork up front. Current iteration doesn't allow for a big enough rear tire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
So, how would a bike with long linkages like the Tracer pedal if the lower link was mounted higher in the main triangle? The Tracer is a bit lazy in the pedaling input department, and I love the snappiness of my Primer even with a 200x57 coil shock..

·
Registered
805 Posts
How bout some modernization like some companies are doing with cable routing.
Using a full downtube protector where the brake line and cables are routed underneath as an alternative to internal routing.
Another cool thing on some bikes is a sag indicater on the pivot bolts that would be easy to do.

Also seeing the slight differences in the Geo people have posted it would be awesome to be able to tweak it via flip chips and some sort of head angle adjustment.

Also updated chainstay protector as it's been proven that bumps on it like specialized help keep things quiet.

Also I might get flamed here but some form of swat storage would be really cool and probably sell more bikes.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.