Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distributor
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does every flat MTB shoe look like a teenagers Etnies? My wife LOL'd me when I busted out the new 2F0's and I'm already 6'2" tall. Do I really need a 1"+ platform?

Plus, I'm not so sold on super stiff soles for flats. I have no pedal feel or feedback compared to the regular trail shoes I've been using.

Might make me switch back to some XTR trails but I like my Helvas too much.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Teva links? I dunno.... My five ten free rides def are not stiff soled like the specialized. I like how it conforms to my pedals a little instead of just sitting on top of it.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Five Ten Freeriders pictured. Haven't got to ride with them yet but they feel great on the feet and walking around. Weight doesn't seem too bad.

Getting ready to switch to the Freeriders after using the Five Ten Spitfire for a couple years. At this point I think I've completely drunk the Koolaid on Five Ten flats for riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,539 Posts
I'm a clipless guy but wonder why there aren't any offerings that utilize ratchet buckles & straps, after using them (sidis) for many years I couldn't imagine going back to laces.

·
B.Ike
1,205 Posts
I bought the adidas terrex approach shoe. They use 5/10's stealth sole. Unfortunately due to weather and work obligations I haven't been able to use them on the trail... the are on the stiff side however (which i like).
sorry no link, but its an easy google search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts