Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out my seat height and it is harder than final jeopordy to pedal sitting down, i definately feel the burn. but i also want ti to be outta the way when i am trying to learn to jump and bunnyhop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Totally depends on your tricks. Many guys that do barspins like to have their seat between their knees, others just huck the bars and don't pinch. The same goes for lots of other tricks. If you do no footed stuff (no footed cans, tailwhips, etc) its nice to have your seat out of the way. I rode with my seat up a few inches for a long time, but now I keep all of my bikes pretty low. I rarely sit, unless I'm just hanging out (or pacing my wife while she is running). Personally, I would just see where it feels comfortable, and if your not hitting your butt, or your feet, or whatever its probably good for you.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I try to keep it as low as possible. For learning barspins and handers I put it up for a while. Makes it much easier to learn when you can pinch your seat high. Once I got comfortable on them though I moved it down a bit.

·
Registered
503 Posts
dude, i don't ever ride my bike sitting down...
the seat is only there for like emergency landings, as in saving my balls from the rear tire...
haha. thats just me though...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I usually only sit while I am coasting. Stand and get up to a speed where you don't slow too rapidly if you stop pedaling, and if you want to sit just coast for a bit then stand up and pedal some more. At least thats what I do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's awesome. That's what I think of when someone says "urban" bike. I've been riding for over a decade and its allways been street, dirt, or park. I've never said or heard anyone say "hey you wanna ride urban?". Maybe that's just because the the majority of those years were on a 20", even so I still ride the same just with 26's.

·
Registered
503 Posts
dubs chops said:
what if you have to go all the way across town or something for a mean session? stand up the whole way?
yeah. or sit down without pedaling. just coasting.. just get like a quick release seat clamp if you really want to sit and pedal..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.