Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
mountainbiker124 said:
If you do, please put my username on it and mess with it to make it pimp. I need a new avatar, but i suck at photoshop, so i thought i would turn toward you guys.
my username, pink lightning bolts and a 3 peseta frog stamp. It don't get pimpier than that!

Attachments

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,764 Posts
No Disrespect But...

Photoshop (and all similar programs) is just an over-used crutch.

If its not shot right out of the camera go out and shoot it again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shayne said:
Photoshop (and all similar programs) is just an over-used crutch.

If its not shot right out of the camera go out and shoot it again.
So it's gonna be possible for him to get his username in the photo without 'shopping it?
Down with technology, have someone hold up a sign.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
emery14 said:
So it's gonna be possible for him to get his username in the photo without 'shopping it?
Down with technology, have someone hold up a sign.
It's pretty easy adding text without photoshop. With an old-school film camera, after you develop the film and setup your exposure in the darkroom. Mask the photo-paper with the text you want in the location you want. Computer print out on clear plastic film works good. Expose your shot, develop the print, dry, and your done.

This process makes white text, to make black text you will need to expose your photo, then mask everything but the text. Expose again, the words should be overexposed leaving black letters after you develop it. :D

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
emtnate said:
It's pretty easy adding text without photoshop. With an old-school film camera, after you develop the film and setup your exposure in the darkroom. Mask the photo-paper with the text you want in the location you want. Computer print out on clear plastic film works good. Expose your shot, develop the print, dry, and your done.

This process makes white text, to make black text you will need to expose your photo, then mask everything but the text. Expose again, the words should be overexposed leaving black letters after you develop it. :D
I'd personally do an etching, or an aquatint if pressed for time. Now THAT is old school.

But nothing beats an oil painting. How much time ya got, kid?

·
Single(Pivot)and Happy
1,778 Posts
Onebelaydave,

That was nice of you to do this for the kid. Nice work. Mr. Bob, I almost blew Gatorade out my nose. Nice work also.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.