Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can someone please measure the wheelbase (axle to axle) on a Medium DW Spot for me (and let me know what fork you have on it)? They don't have it listed on the specs. I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

·
Registered
686 Posts
1soulrider said:
Only way to go, IMO.
Perfect match.
How does it compare both riding and geometry wise from a TNT 5.5 Spot with a Fox Float 140 and a TNT Pack with spot seat stays and 5.5 rockers with a 36?Any Idea?

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
DHRracer said:
How does it compare both riding and geometry wise from a TNT 5.5 Spot with a Fox Float 140 and a TNT Pack with spot seat stays and 5.5 rockers with a 36?Any Idea?
Depends, which color?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
DHRracer said:
How has the DW Spot been with the Fox 36?
36 Talas RC2 + DW Spot = match made in dirty heaven...

130 mode for most everything up/dwn.

160 for the really steep, chunky, downs.

100 mode for the silly-steep ups.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
nomotivs,

you are a complete chump if you're concerned w/ wheelbases, especially Turners. just ask Dave, he'll tell ya. they don't show up on the geo. listings 'cause it ain't important. if you think they are, well , you're just not w/ it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
nhodge said:
nomotivs,

you are a complete chump if you're concerned w/ wheelbases, especially Turners. just ask Dave, he'll tell ya. they don't show up on the geo. listings 'cause it ain't important. if you think they are, well , you're just not w/ it.
I now certify you "worthless chump of the the month"

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
DHRracer said:
Very close to a TNT RFX w/ 36. I took my build off the 08 RFX and switched it to the 09 DW Spot, resulting in a bike that felt much more like the RFX than a 140 forked Spot. The 36 gave it a 67.5 HA at the 160 setting.
The lower bb and stiffer frame of the DW were immediately noticeable, in a very good way.
My RFX did not have mix-n-match rockers or stays, stock parts.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Since when was wheelbase not important?????????????????????????????????????

Please tell me you're kidding.

We originally had a 36 on out Spot but soo many people here in SLC were complaning about the weight so we put a 140 float on it. It did bring the weight and the BB down. It's a bit of a toss up to me, 130 and the head angle is too steep for every day riding, 160 lifts up the BB. I like matching travel, or even more out back but not up front. The 36 Talas at 160 however i must admit feels pretty even with the stellar 140mm travel of the DW Spot.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Now that brings up a good question, what is the BB height for a DW-spot with a 160mm fox fork?

I have this new hardtail with a sub-13" BB and 150mm fork up front.... it's made even more of a BB height nazi out of me!

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
FM said:
Now that brings up a good question, what is the BB height for a DW-spot with a 160mm fox fork?

I have this new hardtail with a sub-13" BB and 150mm fork up front.... it's made even more of a BB height nazi out of me!
With Kenda 2.35 tires F&R my bb sits at 13.6", about .5" lower than my RFX with the same tires and fork.

I saw a bb measurement of a '10 demo 8 that sat slightly below 13"...........

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
that was my Q

Since when was wheelbase not important?????????????????????????????????????

Please tell me you're kidding.
go to Page 15 on the date of 3-25-09 & read my thread entitled wheel bases w/ a blue Q.
read Dave Turners response & my reply.

talk to ya later

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hehe DT gets grumpy some times eh? I want to know every number!

Reminds me of the Foes Fly with the bent seat tube to clear the swingarm, bogus seat tube # plus normal # top tube and a resulting 47" wheelbase when the bikes is actually assembled....

He probably gets even grumpier with geeks like me when i say things like "get back to building the RFX!"

Ohh.. if i had the job of answering his emails..i'd be grumpy too!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also like to know every number.

judging by how many people are running longer forks on their spot - it's beyond me why Turner doesn't get the hint and simply make the bike a degree or two slacker right off the get go..

·
Registered
751 Posts
1soulrider said:
With Kenda 2.35 tires F&R my bb sits at 13.6", about .5" lower than my RFX with the same tires and fork.

I saw a bb measurement of a '10 demo 8 that sat slightly below 13"...........
wow, I asked a few months about the BB height on a Spot with a 36 TALAS and somebody measured it around 14.25" if my memory serves...which seemed really freakin high. 13.6 sounds much better!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts