Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like someone to tell me what size wheels these are 650b or 700c or 29" etc. Also, what company can make this type of wheel and what kind of tires are on the bike....I just really like that setup. I can tell the rear hub is an internal gear setup and I am not interested in that but mostly size/type. I hope it is kosher to post this pic and I apologize if not....

Thanks!!
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Those are 700c wheels. A "29er" wheel is simply a 700c wheel with big mountain bike tires on it.

I don't recognize that specific tire, but they look like larger cyclocross tires. Search around for cross tires and you'll find lots of similar tire options. I've currently using Ritchey SpeedMax Cross 700x40c tires that are similar to those

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
sparky909 said:
Thanks Boomn! I appreciate the help. So I could get some 29er disc wheels and some 40 or 42c tires right?
Yep, as long as your rim isn't really, really wide; as in over 35mm or so. Any normal 29er wheel for XC use will work great though.

That's similar to what I did with my new bike. Built with a 29er frame and 29er disc wheels, but running cross tires and a little higher gearing.

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
I built up a set of disc wheels last year for my cross commuter bike. I used Sun Equalizer 23 rims (29er MTB rims) and they work great with a set of 35mm Small Block 8's for winter weather.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
sparky909 said:
Very sweet ride! do you mind posting the specs?
No problem. It's almost spare parts, used parts or deals I scrounged over a couple months. Here are the main parts:

BikeIsland steel 29er frame
used Haro Mary 29er fork
SRAM X.9/Arch wheelset
Ritchey SpeedMax Cross 700x40c
Avid BB7's
LX M582 crank with 26t and 42t rings
LX M571 front derailleur
Deore rear derailleur
Sunrace thumb friction shifters
custom mix of SRAM cassette cogs with larger spacers to get a 7spd 11-28t cassette with 5spd spacing for easier friction shifting
ODI Crosstrainer grips
Charge Spoon saddle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.