Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used 2002 cannondale jekyll - i am not a cannodale man but want to be hahaha
i noticed this bike that the rear swing arm is alot bigger on the one that i am looking ar than the ones i find online- i found some info about it possibly being a vanila or something but i dont understand- because i thought the shock was a roc shox vanilla
so if anyone can tell me what i may be looking at that would be great
thanks
[email protected]

the pic is attached !!

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
There were 2 swingarms, one for lower end bikes like the one in the picture and another one for more expensive bikes in the line that was lighter. I think the only difference is weight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cannondales are named by numbers: up until a few years ago, the numbers went up as the bikes got more expensive: started at say, jekyll 500, then went up at gradual intervals to about 4000. Now, they changed things and the numbers go down: start at 7 then get more expensive each step up until one. Keep in mind, that often only the component choices change with price within a given year, and the frames are the same throuhout the range. Based on the swingarm, I'm guessing that bike was made in 2000, because I think that was the only year they made the jekyll with that swingarm. The "vanilla" is a coil sprung rear shock made by fox. From the picture, the shock looks like an air shock - possibly a fox float, which would be a pretty typical shock on a jekyll. Two sites you may want to visit for information are Cannondale's website www.cannondale.com, which has a "bike archive" of past models and www.vintagecannondale.com, which has an extensive collection of old Cannondale catalogs to review.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts