Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might need a revalve and definately an oil change and recharge. Push is too difficult to deal with but I like the performance. Do any other tuners or shops have the ability to work on my shock?

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Bulldog said:
I think I might need a revalve and definately an oil change and recharge. Push is too difficult to deal with but I like the performance. Do any other tuners or shops have the ability to work on my shock?
I say get rid of that shock and get a CCDB :D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
not that i know of bull. i do know theyre workin on their known cs issues. be patient as a small company grows like a weed. thats my best advice to ya.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
FoShizzle said:
incorrect....the only thing more ghey than CCDB shocks are the guys (or ladies I should say) using them. sorry TA....funny-accented dudes excluded
Fo, in TA's and SSINGA's defense, I'll take the CCDB over the Avy any day :p

·
Registered
982 Posts
I don't understand your issue?

I have been dealing with PUSH for two years now and don't have any customer service problems with them.

Have you tried:

1. Calling them directly at 970-278-1110?
2. Emailing Jimmy or Darren directly at [email protected] or [email protected]?

Steve

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
PCinSC said:
What issues are you having with them? Just curious as a future Push customer.
I challenge anybody to find any company that everybody likes. Go with the majority is my advice in terms of assessing customer service. the VAST majority of people seem to really like PUSH service (self included).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
PUSH Contact

Bulldog,

I've got your email pulled up on the server and will respond shortly. Can't apologize enough, but the fault lies with me.

I try to keep up the best I can with customers however these days, especially because my time is split between two buildings (PUSH Industries and PUSH Manufacturing), it's really tough. Jimmy is really the best person as his role is managing our customers. He can always be reached at [email protected] or (970) 278-1110 ext. 1 if you get our answering service. I'll cc him in on uor conversation so he'll be versed in what's going on.

Darren

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
steve47co1 said:
I have been dealing with PUSH for two years now and don't have any customer service problems with them.

Have you tried:

1. Calling them directly at 970-278-1110?
2. Emailing Jimmy or Darren directly at [email protected]?

Steve
Yes, and
3. Gwen took a message to pass as well.

I know it's a small place in very high demand. But after 3-4 months that excuse wears thin.

Thanks Darren for responding! I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Darren for responding! I look forward to hearing from you.

PUSHIND said:
Bulldog,

I've got your email pulled up on the server and will respond shortly. Can't apologize enough, but the fault lies with me.

I try to keep up the best I can with customers however these days, especially because my time is split between two buildings (PUSH Industries and PUSH Manufacturing), it's really tough. Jimmy is really the best person as his role is managing our customers. He can always be reached at [email protected] or (970) 278-1110 ext. 1 if you get our answering service. I'll cc him in on uor conversation so he'll be versed in what's going on.

Darren

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
FoShizzle said:
fair enough. the free lycra bib you get with the CCDB is a nice plus indeed.
Wait a minute? The free mini-lycra-bib is standard issue for Avy owners; the CCDB did not come with lycra stuff. And it was $100 more :madmax:

·
Registered
281 Posts
PCinSC said:
Ventana. Nobody's got a beef with Ventana (that I've heard).
Here you go, man...

I bought a polished El Chiquillo in January '97. I loved the bike but it cracked at a weld in the yoke on the seat stay in its 5th week of life.

I sent it in for warranty, expecting a new frame. Instead, Ventana decided to re-weld it, re-heat treat it and re-finish it. In all it took 3 months for them to get my frame back to me. When I got it back, it was white. I didn't want white, I liked polished.

Then the exact same weld cracked in 8 weeks.

I got my money back from Bill at Cyclepath in Portland. His service was impeccable. Ventana sucked.

--
Eric

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Stradissimo said:
Here you go, man...I bought a polished El Chiquillo in January '97. I loved the bike but it cracked at a weld in the yoke on the seat stay in its 5th week of life...I sent it in for warranty, expecting a new frame. Instead, Ventana decided to re-weld it, re-heat treat it and re-finish it. In all it took 3 months for them to get my frame back to me. When I got it back, it was white. I didn't want white, I liked polished...Then the exact same weld cracked in 8 weeks...I got my money back from Bill at Cyclepath in Portland. His service was impeccable. Ventana sucked.
I don't own a Ventana, I've just never read or heard anything negative about the company or customer service before. But I'm sure there are others that have had issues. And 10 years is a pretty long time ago. I'd still buy a Ventana or Turner. And I'm still gonna send my shock to PUSH. Gotta play the odds, I guess. :shrugs:

·
Registered
281 Posts
PCinSC said:
I don't own a Ventana, I've just never read or heard anything negative about the company or customer service before. But I'm sure there are others that have had issues. And 10 years is a pretty long time ago. I'd still buy a Ventana or Turner. And I'm still gonna send my shock to PUSH. Gotta play the odds, I guess. :shrugs:
Well, I just have to tell my big Ventana story every once in a while. Everybody has bad days and I caught them at a bad time. I wouldn't let it keep me from buying a Ventana if I wanted one. I've never heard of anyone else having a bad experience with them, so I was just really unlucky. I'll admit that I don't think I ever talked to Sherwood personally, and I really think he would have set things right, but I was in my 20's and didn't realize that sometimes, when you want results, you have to talk directly to 'the man'.

I guess, to bring this around to the original point. Push is a small operation. There will be days when they drop the ball, but they're good guys. They do good work and aren't trying to screw anyone, just like DT and Sherwood Gibson. It's easy to get pissed off when you're the unlucky exception, but it shouldn't keep you from recognizing their strengths.

Anyhow... just go with Push. :thumbsup:

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PUSHIND said:
Bulldog,

The email info that we have is getting kicked back with an error and I also sent you a pm. Basically, get in touch with me with your current contact info so I can get in touch.

Thanks,

Darren
[email protected]
Didn't get a PM:nonod: , but I sent you an email. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.