Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just put a new bike together this Christmas and I already had a problem. I was at a race this weekend and about half way through my second lap I felt a wierd moniton when I was rotating my cranks. Come to find out the non-drive side crank arm was coming loose.

I have a brand new Truvative stylo team crankset on this thing (two-piece crank, intergrated bottom bracket) I did not use loc-tite when I installed it. So my question is should I use loc-tite now and if so which color (how much loc-tite should I use) and how much torque for installing the crank? Can my crank be saved? (this was the first time this has happened and I have put some big rides into this bike since I got it, 3+ hour rides)

·
Registered
545 Posts
is the spline damaged? if not you should be ok, as for tourque specs. try checking the truvative web sit for tech info, as far as lochtite goes the old red is good and 1 2 drops is good on bolts.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Those cranks are similar to the Race Face Dues cranks. The RF ones have to be tightened untill the arm bottoms out on the spindal. In other words you tighten them untill they can't be tightened anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.