Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike came with Sram Code RSC brakes. My old bike has really nice Hopes that Id like to switch out. The new bike has internally routed cables. Can I just leave the brake hose in place and switch the fittings?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Both use DOT fluid so OK on that point. To install Hope fittings on the SRAM hose, the SRAM hose would need to have the correct ID and OD to match with the Hope fittings. IDK if that's the case. Also, you'd want to have at least 2" excess length already so the resulting hoses wouldn't be too short.

FWIW: It's pretty easy to replace an existing internally run hose or cable by using the existing one to guide the new one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both use DOT fluid so OK on that point. To install Hope fittings on the SRAM hose, the SRAM hose would need to have the correct ID and OD to match with the Hope fittings. IDK if that's the case. Also, you'd want to have at least 2" excess length already so the resulting hoses wouldn't be too short.

FWIW: It's pretty easy to replace an existing internally run hose or cable by using the existing one to guide the new one.
I just figured it would be easier and cheaper to leave the respective hoses on the bikes since they were already in place and the right length. Does anyone know if the diameters are compatible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.