Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Tabs?

I'm in the process of putting disc brakes on my Trek 4500 but the disc brake tabs on the frame are not lined up right to mount my Avid mechanicals is there an adapter or bracket I can get to solve this problem?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Don't forget hubs

Bikinfoolferlife said:
If your frame and fork have disc brake tabs, no problem.
From the looks of things on the Fisher web site, the '04 HKEK did not have disc ready hubs. More than likely a new wheelset is in order, unless of course you want to try to upgrade the stck Bontrager rims.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Post this as a separate post here in the brake forum

jollybeggar said:
I'm in the process of putting disc brakes on my Trek 4500 but the disc brake tabs on the frame are not lined up right to mount my Avid mechanicals is there an adapter or bracket I can get to solve this problem?
I'd repost this as a separate post, you'll probably get better response. I'm confused about your situation. From my understanding, all frame tabs should be ISO mounts. The only thing I can figure is that you have the adapter from a post mount style Avid disc brake and you're trying to use that to mount it. Check the box the brake came in and see what it is you purchsed.

I could be way off on this too, so please re-post this and see who else chimes in with advice.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Hayes mount (22mm)

Call_me_Clyde said:
I'd repost this as a separate post, you'll probably get better response. I'm confused about your situation. From my understanding, all frame tabs should be ISO mounts. The only thing I can figure is that you have the adapter from a post mount style Avid disc brake and you're trying to use that to mount it. Check the box the brake came in and see what it is you purchsed.

I could be way off on this too, so please re-post this and see who else chimes in with advice.

Bob
I am not sure if this model in particular has Hayes mount.

Does it look like this?

If it does,check
https://www.discbrakeadapters.com/fs_show_item_details.php?item_id=8

Good luck,
Cris

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Here are the parts #'s you need..

# 210648 (1)
# 210821 (2)
# 211045 (1)

Any TREK/GF/KLEIN dealer can order them. If they are out of the bolts, M5x10mm will work fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.