Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
It'd be tough in switchbacks.

Nat, you should cross-post this over in General. Way too good to suffer obscurity here.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What a great option!Was there a 100 mile trail running event around the Waldo area in the past?I cannot recall the name of the event(Where's Waldo 100?).This would be quite a sight comin' across the back side of the Twins.Does "bikerfox" know about this?What a joy...thanks Nat.Would a tall person prefer a 36'er?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Same but different

http://www.streetflyer.info/

Believe it or not, you can not even use a wheel barrow in Wilderness. I have a trail contractor friend there in OR who had the FS tell him he could not use a measuring wheel in Wilderness to measure his work (for billing) on a contract he had just completed.

You can't use a chainsaw, but the FS here in NC just used dynomite to blow up some hazard trees in a Wilderness area. Makes sense right?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Woodman said:
http://www.streetflyer.info/

Believe it or not, you can not even use a wheel barrow in Wilderness. I have a trail contractor friend there in OR who had the FS tell him he could not use a measuring wheel in Wilderness to measure his work (for billing) on a contract he had just completed.

You can't use a chainsaw, but the FS here in NC just used dynomite to blow up some hazard trees in a Wilderness area. Makes sense right?
The statute says no mechanical transport. I'd tell the ranger pound sand on the measuring wheel.

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Now let's not go all serious in this thread, asking sensible questions and making sensible deductions.

Oh, what about wheel chairs????

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Malibu412 said:
Now let's not go all serious in this thread, asking sensible questions and making sensible deductions.

Oh, what about wheel chairs????
Hmmm, if wheel chairs are allowed, can I get a doctor note that I have a walking disability that requires riding a bicycle?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes, you can take this bike into Wilderness areas, but you will have to pay a toll to cross any bridges. I could sell you the bridges so you'd never have to worry about tolls again or we can work out an easy payment plan so you can ride for a month at a time.

Let me know which option you prefer. : )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.