Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a Tallboy LTC and have been swaying between the Matte Black and the Yellow. My wife prefers the Matte Black, but they are slim pickings and I have always had a preference for the yellow.

Thinking of building up some I9 or King wheels with either blue or green hubs to match with the yellow but wanted to see what was out there. I have looked through the Tallboy LT thread and most of the custom builds seem to be in the Matte Black.

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I test rode a yellow with XTR build for 3 days post-Sea Otter before it departed as a bike in the SCB demo fleet. I took some photos of it on the sad day I had to give it back and if you PM me your email I'll send em

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Soon... this time next week

I just started. Prep'ing the frame right now. Got the stays wrapped. Will be putting on the heli-tape on the front triangle and some exposed parts of the rear stays tonight.
But, generally, it'll be the stock yellow and black, with red ano bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a Tallboy LTC and have been swaying between the Matte Black and the Yellow. My wife prefers the Matte Black, but they are slim pickings and I have always had a preference for the yellow.

Thinking of building up some I9 or King wheels with either blue or green hubs to match with the yellow but wanted to see what was out there. I have looked through the Tallboy LT thread and most of the custom builds seem to be in the Matte Black.

Thanks!
Yo, Im doing the same thing. Actually emailed the cali rep today to see what the availabilty is like in a XL. But definitely going YELLOW. I live in tahoe and all i see are the black frames.

Im having trouble deciding a color for my hubs as well. Will definitely get the angry bee. Im thinking green or red. The blue would looks sweet also, but im from ohio and cannot have anything with michigan colors!!:nono:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
north or south shore? I live in Santa Barbara but grew up riding out of Tahoe City and Homewood etc. This was back in the early early 90's. Still love the riding up there.

Think it has settled it for me, I am going yellow.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
I just started. Prep'ing the frame right now. Got the stays wrapped. Will be putting on the heli-tape on the front triangle and some exposed parts of the rear stays tonight.
But, generally, it'll be the stock yellow and black, with red ano bits.
What product did you use to wrap those stays? I see a 3M roll, but it seems thinner but yet more durable than the 3M 2228 Mastic tape I'm using.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
What product did you use to wrap those stays? I see a 3M roll, but it seems thinner but yet more durable than the 3M 2228 Mastic tape I'm using.
Dunno the number, but it's the self-sealing (vulcanized) rubber marine tape. If you can put some pressure on it, what you see becomes one unit. For what I do, it's the base layer. Over it, I'll put on some Stay Wrap for a more durable layer. What you see is the noise reduction layer, and yeah, it completely deadens the noise of chain hitting stays.
Frame Defender and heli-tape this evening...will up pics to this post shortly...need to put on the top tube. Tomorrow will be the rest of the stays, that strut, the back of the seat tube, and that yoke in the rear triangle/lower pivot.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
I was gonna go Rasta...yellow/black frame w/ red and green bits...and I may still do it. Plenty of red bits...HS, collar, pedals, brake levers, and cranks...just need some green brake rotors to go w/ the green Race Face bashy. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics so far, been helpful. I am considering the comp cyclist I9 build (red) but don't want the Ronald McDonald look. Seems like black and yellow is the classiest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts