Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I live overseas and will be returning to the DC area (Springfield) for the holidays, but I won't be bringing my bike. It might seem like an odd request, but I was wondering if there are any riders out there who might have a spare bike they'd be willing to rent or loan me for a few weeks in January...?

As a point of reference, I ride a size medium Diamondback hardtail w/ 130mm Marzocchis, XT drivetrain, Avid discs, Maxxis Holy Rollers. Pretty much a do-it-all bike for trail riding and tooling around the city. I was hoping someone might have something similar (i.e., nothing fancy!), just a basic ride, really.

It doesn't even have to be a mountain bike, could be just a commuter or road bike of some sort with flat/riser bars. I have a feeling I'll mainly just be riding around DC or Old Town, just to get the heart going. Not sure if I feel like dealing with icy, muddy trails.

If anyone thinks they might be able to help out, or maybe point me in the direction of a shop that rents decent bikes, feel free to PM me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Call this shop:

Wheel Nuts Bike Shop
302 Montgomery St.
Alexandria, VA 22314

tel. (703) 548-5116

And make sure to talk to the owner Ron. He should be able to hook you up with a bike for cruising around DC and Old Town, and will probably give you a good deal for a long term rental.

The shop is located in North Old Town right off the GW Trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.