Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Need a crank puller and bb removal socket...only way to do it without risking damaging the frame. BB threads on drive side are reversed.

·
Banned
172 Posts
You need the right tools. They are cheap through ebay and doing it any other way will probably hurt your frame. You'll need the tools anyways to install the new parts.

You could fashion your own tools if you're crafty enough, but with the work to make the tools, you will be less frustrated just to buy them. I've started my bike tool colllection by getting the tools I need for my particular bike rather than buy a set with tools that I'll only use half of. With how fast shipping is these days, ebay amazon....I'll just buy the tools as I need them and add them to my collection. I even bought a nice, lockable storage chest with padding inside, to keep the tools nice. My Park Tools, crank puller and BB socket are amazing quality.

·
RAKC
7,606 Posts
Proper tools for sure. They are even cheap on amazon, I pieced together my tool set that way. Park tools are nice but a couple other brands are similar quality and work perfect yet a bit cheaper in some cases. But too I only needed the specialty tools as I have normal tools being previous life as auto tech.

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.