Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a spare front wheel laying around, 32 spoke with 2x lacing. I was wondering if I can relace my front wheel without having to get new spokes, like this:

"This is a 32 spoke 2 Leading 2 Trailing design with 2X Spokes."

From this site: https://www.terminalvelocity.demon.co.uk/WheelBuild/

There is no real reason I'm doing this, just figured it'd be a fun summer night project. Might stick it on the commuter if it turns out nice.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
General Hickey said:
So I have a spare front wheel laying around, 32 spoke with 2x lacing. I was wondering if I can relace my front wheel without having to get new spokes, like this:

"This is a 32 spoke 2 Leading 2 Trailing design with 2X Spokes."

From this site: https://www.terminalvelocity.demon.co.uk/WheelBuild/

There is no real reason I'm doing this, just figured it'd be a fun summer night project. Might stick it on the commuter if it turns out nice.
What does the article say about spoke length calculation?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy said:
What does the article say about spoke length calculation?
Doesn't say anything, just that 2x spokes were used. I'm assuming that since I'm using the same rim, hub, and 2x spokes that I currently have, that I can do this lace without getting anything new, but I just wanted to check that before I take apart the wheel.

·
transmitter~receiver
9,334 Posts
yes it will work... the spokes are the same length as 2X. you can find this out by counting over spoke holes from what would be radial, if that makes sense. looking at a hub flange hole, find the radially corresponding rim hole and count over to where the spoke actually lands... on a 2X wheel it will be the 4th hole, 6th hole on 3X. you should use this counting technique if you want to align the hub logo and the valve hole. here's one i built:

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
General Hickey said:
Doesn't say anything, just that 2x spokes were used. I'm assuming that since I'm using the same rim, hub, and 2x spokes that I currently have, that I can do this lace without getting anything new, but I just wanted to check that before I take apart the wheel.
My main question would be if your wheel is actually laced 2 cross. It is not a common pattern for 32 spokes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.