Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just removed my bb to relube and check for wear. The enitre circumfrence is not filled w/ bearings. I hear more bearings will extend the life of the bb, reduce friction, and improve preformance in general. can i just throw in a few more? any recomendation for a lube too?:cool: thx

·
otb club member
3,086 Posts
iCrashed said:
I just removed my bb to relube and check for wear. The enitre circumfrence is not filled w/ bearings. I hear more bearings will extend the life of the bb, reduce friction, and improve preformance in general. can i just throw in a few more? any recomendation for a lube too?:cool: thx
I seriously doubt the manufacturer put the wrong amount of bearings in. Sounds like you have a MAX bearing in this application. I prefer caged bearings for cranks, but MAX is not bad, just not ideal. The important thing is the second part of your question. The best bearing lube for most applications, IMO, is Rock 'n' Roll Super Web Grease. It is very stringy and does not get pushed out to the sides like a lot of greases. Instead, it is contantly sticking to the balls and getting pulled back into the ball path.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx i was waiting for a reply! now where can i buy dsome of that?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll second the RnR SuperWeb for bearings. That stuff rocks, and is worth getting.

And as a shameless plug for Chris and Enduro - they are the go-to guys for bearings stuff. I replaced my BB bearings and Blur pivot bearings this fall with their goods, and Chris made sure I had very excellent "how to" instructions (much better than the manu's offerings at the time) for each job. Their CS and products are top-rate!

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kudos! i hav some on the way!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.