Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an Intense Tracer VP and trying to figure out the perfect build. Thinking about a Hammerschmidt but the frame doesn't have iscg tabs so not sure if I can still run it. From various forums etc I gathered you need iscg tabs to run that crank. Any thoughts?

Mr. Intense has a picture of his tracer posted with a hammerschmidt so I'm a tad confused...but maybe since he owns the company his frame is special?

I did hear they will be offering the tracer with the tabs late in 09...did I buy mine too early?
Thanks

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Mmm, so what sort of forces would the Hammerschmidt apply to the ISCG adapter? Significantly different from a Chain Guide?

·
Another Monster.
73 Posts
I'd personally wait and see how the hammerschmidt works after several months. I suspect SRAM may have over pushed themselves. (Not to mention, the unit looks far too chunky for a Tracer VP, which is a very smart looking bike.)

I know someone who works for Fisher warranty and return department which is the distributor for SRAM in the UK. No doubt he'll be giving me the horror stories (or not, if there aren't any) on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.