Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a Vitus Sentier and love the cushioning and traction of the 2,6" Magic mary/Nobby nic compared to my previous bike with thinner tires.

My Vitus has 29mm id rims and my question is, can i put the same 2,8" tires on the rims without any problems? The bike will take the tires without problems.

Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks! What problems can I see? Will the tire roll of the rim? My main goal is, cushioning and traction so will ride whith low pressure. I ride with 1bar/1,2bar in my 2,6 tires and dont wanna go higher.

·
jcd's best friend
3,399 Posts
Ok, thanks! What problems can I see? Will the tire roll of the rim? My main goal is, cushioning and traction so will ride whith low pressure. I ride with 1bar/1,2bar in my 2,6 tires and dont wanna go higher.
It may not be that bad. I run 2.6" tires on a 32 inch inner width rim. 29mm is very versatile for tire sizes. It possible that the tire may fold on cornering but your rim should be wide enough to handle a 2.8" tire without that being a major problem. You can install Cushcore which will support your tire and protect your rims! Cushcore is a little bit overkill but I rode with it anyways.

·
Registered
14,889 Posts
1 bar is 14.5psi. front. Not a problem at normal speeds for a 2.8" tire. If you had a 45-50mm rim wheel you could likely go down to 0,75 bar/11psi. Maybe a little lower on the front. And you'd get better performance and traction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.