Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol... i wanna join the SS club....


dank, am i a real djer now that i have no front brake or gears? jk


i need to clean the hubs (actually, if i decide to keep it, i'm gonna change the POS's)

the people at the shop an i are guessing it's between 25 and 23 lbs....

check it-
 

Attachments

·
Uhhhhh...
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
JBsoxB said:
lol... i wanna join the SS club....

dank, am i a real djer now that i have no front brake or gears? jk

i need to clean the hubs (actually, if i decide to keep it, i'm gonna change the POS's)

the people at the shop an i are guessing it's between 25 and 23 lbs....

check it-
Why do you have a 6-Pack and fox 36 for sale?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zedro said:
yeah, fab'ed a steel bracket that i bolted to the dropout, its super tricky to get the right tension tho

why don't you get somthing like a surly singulator or something?

or an old derailleur to tenstion it? unless that is spring loaded...
 

·
gnar, brah
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Might be "joining the club" shortly for my HT. Going with the Surly Singulator and getting some cash back by selling my drivetrain to a friend, to pay back another friend for the Holzfellers that I got for only $100 spanking new and still owe $10 or so on....whew.

Only going to do it really because I don't want to buy a commuter bike and dig the simplicity of a SS. I'm also going to put that awesome saw blade Holzfeller trials/urban bashguard I have layin around that will only fit a 22ish tooth ring. I confused myself... :rolleyes:
 

·
____________
Joined
·
872 Posts
JBsoxB said:
lol... i wanna join the SS club....

dank, am i a real djer now that i have no front brake or gears? jk

i need to clean the hubs (actually, if i decide to keep it, i'm gonna change the POS's)

the people at the shop an i are guessing it's between 25 and 23 lbs....

check it-
Not too bad...

I replaced the lame pulley wheel with a plastic roller. It made the bike way more quiet. I also replaced the rear QR with a solid threaded axle. It's solid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Andrewpalooza said:
Might be "joining the club" shortly for my HT. Going with the Surly Singulator and getting some cash back by selling my drivetrain to a friend, to pay back another friend for the Holzfellers that I got for only $100 spanking new and still owe $10 or so on....whew.

Only going to do it really because I don't want to buy a commuter bike and dig the simplicity of a SS. I'm also going to put that awesome saw blade Holzfeller trials/urban bashguard I have layin around that will only fit a 22ish tooth ring. I confused myself... :rolleyes:
you know nashbar was selling the holzfeller trials cranks for like $80....
 

·
gnar, brah
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
JBsoxB said:
you know nashbar was selling the holzfeller trials cranks for like $80....
Nope...I got the triple, with a Black Spire bash and 22/32 rings on it. Retails for about $200 most places. It's going on my Patriot, the other cranks are staying on the hardtail, just putting the trails bash on. Don't really know where that thing came from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Roaming Oregon said:
Not too bad...

I replaced the lame pulley wheel with a plastic roller. It made the bike way more quiet. I also replaced the rear QR with a solid threaded axle. It's solid.
actually, i might do that with the qr right now...

but about the roller... i would only replace it with an e 13 type, i was using an Mrp one on my guide and it was dragging and was NOISY! but mabye that was just the compound....

i'll keep the lame pulley wheel for a little while though...
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
If (when) that chain tensioner quits working, checkout the one made by Rennen. I've had one on my dj hardtail for few weeks (ridden plenty) and it's bomber. It doesn't rely on springs so it's pretty solid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kidwoo said:
If (when) that chain tensioner quits working, checkout the one made by Rennen. I've had one on my dj hardtail for few weeks (ridden plenty) and it's bomber. It doesn't rely on springs so it's pretty solid.
just put a solid axel through the back... so am i in? :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top