Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing the covert and transAM since I can't seem to decide on which bike I like better. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I'd say "yes" with the caveat that I'd build them up slightly different to avoid to much overalap.

For instance, throw a 36/lyrik type of fork on the Covert and a slightly burlier build. Then, I'd build up the TA with a 32 fork, lighter wheels and maybe SS or a 1 x 9.

Just my 2 pesos.
EB

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's funny. I have the exact same issue:

I'm trying to justify keeping the Covert. I think I could if I follow ebxtreme's advice and accentuate the differences between the two builds.

·
think
853 Posts
I have both, and they're pretty much built the same way.

No reason to get rid of either, or build them all that differently. Both thrive when fed the same ingredients: 160mm fork and solid parts. The fact that one is a hardtail makes them different enough.

If I had to chose one it would be the fully, and if for some reason I had no bicycles tomorrow I would buy another Covert first (and I would in fact buy another). Full suspension covers a lot of ills on those really rides when you'd otherwise be off the back or over the bars. I like my Covert because I know I can ride it anywhere.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright both it is then just need to sell one of my current rides then I will be good to go! My Fiance is going to be Soo Excited for me.

·
Registered
564 Posts
+1 on the TransAM with a smaller fork and SS. I traded that FOR a Covert, and I love the Covert, but I still miss the TransAM on certain trails. Let's just face it, I could really use one of each Transition model...

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
Kinda the same but not...I have a TA and a Nomad. I had the TA built like a burly all-mountain/freeride ss but now it's more xc/am ss with the 32 and tubless rims. I love that bike and even raced it xc this year...but I won't get rid of either bike anytime soon. :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've my TransAM built with a 140mm fork, waiting on a 36t chainring to go 1x9. next buy will be a Covert for sure, built with a 160mm fork. But I think I'll get the V1

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got a TA and a Covert too. I've got a pike on the TA and run it SS. I've got a talas 36 on the covert and run it 1x9. I love them both and wouldn't want to choose which one to keep if I could only have one bike. It would be a tough choice.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
You can have what ever you want.

I have Covert and Bank.

I rode a friend's TransAm and decided I didn't want a hard way (tail) for trail riding but sure did for pump track, berms and jumps. His TransAm is great but I didn't want a hard tail jack of all trades as much as a fun bike for going nowhere and one for epic and fast riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts