Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do manual labor for a living and also train for xc racing on the side. I love both. Over years of training I have lost alot of weight and muscle that is neccacary for work. I want to hit the weight room and get some mucle back. Can I do this with out effecting my training alot? i know it will a little bit, but can it be done?

ASH

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I am kinda in the same boat as you. I love three things; basketball, riding, and weight lifting. Between those three and school and work, 24 hours a day is not enough. I basically just don't have enough time to focus on any particular activity, so I balance between all of them. I weight lift about 5 times a week and then rotate between bball and riding every other day. Weight lifting is more anerobic and thus still allows me to do cardio stuff such as bball and riding. But the first time you do this, you will be hurting but your body eventually adapts. But make sure you allow your self to rest adequately to prevent straining your muscles and injury. So the answer your question is yes.

·
Registered
858 Posts
If anything I think it helps my riding. I don't do much weight lifting, only one solid session per week, which I focus on legs, arms and core strength followed by 30min on the trainer. Once a week doesn't sound much but in between all my other on the bike work, and work, work it does make a significant change in muscle mass / strength both on and off the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts