Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I be able to run 2.7 or I need the 2.5's.?
Are the Minions and the Blue Groves the same wide on the same size?
How do you guys like this tires for dry rocky trails?Like Utah .
Thanks you for your help....

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
I don't know, my 2.7 blue grooves are more like 2.8 michilens. biiigg. they might bottom out on the crown. I'd check before riding. On big drops, my blue groove rubs the crown on my shiver.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
I ran one just fine on my '03 Super T. Or wait, was that a 2.7 High Roller... Dunno if there's a big difference in size b/t the two, but the High Roller fit no problem. Note that there's not a lot of mud to clog up tires out here in CO, either, though.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
2.7 Minion barely fits if the wheel is centered perfectly, tight though.

With the BG 2.7, no way! I can barely fit a Mich 2.8 on my Z150, the BG 2.7 jams. That BG 2.7 is a huge tire. BTW, the BG 2.5 is nice.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
dbabuser said:
I ran one just fine on my '03 Super T. Or wait, was that a 2.7 High Roller... Dunno if there's a big difference in size b/t the two, but the High Roller fit no problem. Note that there's not a lot of mud to clog up tires out here in CO, either, though.
In my experience Maxxis tend to run small and Kenda tend to run big

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
I have run a Kenda Nevegal 2.7 on my 03 super-T for a couple years now and it fits fine with kust a little tire rub.

How much you ask? ... Let's just say it used to rub but has worn enough that it doesnt rub anymore...all without casing me to worry about the integrity of the lowers at all.

Nev's rule BTW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.