Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No longer a hardtailkid.
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my SLX brakes in the mail today (and they are fukkkin AWESOME). After 1 hour of riding, I realized that the lid or cap on the master cylinder is backwards on the right hand lever. Can I unscrew this cap, turn it around so it's the right way, put it back on and be done with it? Or will I have to bleed it?

The first picture is of the right hand lever, which has the master cylinder cap backwards, and the second is the left hand lever, which is correct. The pictures aren't that good, but you can see that it is backwards. Oh, and don't pick on me about my Alivio shifters :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Is it causing a problem, is it likely to cause a problem or is it just a cosmetic thing? If it's the first two then fix it...

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Rotate the brake so the cap is level , then you can turn the cover around without losing brake fluid , or getting air in the system .

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Loosen the clamp bolt, tilt the lever so it's level with the ground. Unscrew both cap screws, remove cap, reposition, tighten screws and tilt lever back to riding position.
No need to bleed.

Edit: Too slow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts