Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of my front derailleur. I f'n hate it. Its hard for me to express how much I've always hated front derailleurs.

I'm going with a 1x9 with a 32 front ring. I currently have a e13 DRS. I was hoping I could swap out the two step roller on the DRS for a jockey wheel or something similar to make it into a single ring chain guide. Can this be done? Has anyone tried this?

Input is appreciated. Thank you.

·
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did it. didnt even swap out the roller. worked fine.
Did switch to a single speed chain ring in the front? I'm concerned about the chain flopping off the chainring to the inside.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
nope, chain came off on a really rough downhill but that will happen regardless of the ring is there is no top retention.

·
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, chain came off on a really rough downhill but that will happen regardless of the ring is there is no top retention.
Thanks man, I pulled off my front derailleur and shifter. We'll see if the chain stays where it should.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a drs when I first went to a 1x9 Didn't change the roller or anything and it worked fine. I did notice that without a upper guide the chain would fall off and I had to put my front derailuer back on just to hold the chain on. I do ride a lot of downhill so maybe if you're just riding xc u won't have a problem. I now have a mrp mini g that I like a thousand times better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts