Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about buying the 2004 Stinky, it comes with a Drop off triple, I have heard a lot of bad things about it. I also heard that it has only one spring in one side, and the other side is air. Can I put 2 springs in it? I heard of someone putting jr t springs in it

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
wtf man.

where the hell you get the mula for an 04 stinky? or is it from one of your shady friends giving ya a deal...dont even try to fix the drop-off. just take it right off and swap it for a Z150 FR eta. and youll be all better

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who ever mentioned anything about how much the stinky costs, or money at all in that matter?

If you want to know, it's from a store.

So should I just not get the stinky then? With the Drop offs and all? Because I can get a 2003 Stinky with a 2003 Jr T, 6 inches of travel. (same amount)

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
get the 03 cuz it should be cheaper and with 150 mulas you can make that jr. T into a monter T by putting an hcv thingamajig cartrige in it and you got yourself a kickass bike.

but seriously did you just win the lotto or what. i mean you went from 750 to what? 2k?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
SamL3227 said:
get the 03 cuz you can make that jr. T into a monter T by putting an hcv thingamajig cartrige in it
Hey now, lets not get carried away. I resent that comment!!! :mad: No cartridge...none or anything else for that matter can make a Jr.T like a Monster T, NOTHING!!! Super T, sure..but never a Monster. :rolleyes: Get your facts straight there buddy, the Monster T is the biggest baddest mother forking actually rideable fork there is, no doubts about it. Super and Jr.T's pale by comparision.

Monster T

Jr.T

;) BIG DIFFERENCE :D

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
oreo321321 said:
NOT the 2004 jr T, im talking about the 2003.

it says 170 mm of travel, and it says 150 mm of travel, how do i upgrade from the 150 to the 170?

this is the fork im talking about.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_front_shocks/product_122122.shtml
My response wasn't actually to you but to SamL3227, with regards to his comments regarding the similarities of the Jr.T to the Monster T.

As far as I know the 03 Jr.T only came in 170mm travel. That is what was on my Big Hit to begin with. Besides, I thought you were asking about the Drop Off Triple, which while somewhat similiar is a different fork?? According to Kona's site the DOT only comes in 150mm travel. If it is possible to actually change the travel good luck I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
NO...

is that plain enough for you...

should i say it again...

NO...

dont watse ur time man trying to fix up a pile of dog sh>it excuse for a fork...wait a couple of weeks and get an 05 stinky with the newer better drop off and keep the fork untill it dies then get a 888rc...

but if you cant then the 04 stinky and just leave the fork...save ur time and money saving moveing and get a new fork...its not worth the troubles to fix the drop off tripple it sucks...

and red5...man i just cant help urself can you...ahahhahaha...you and ur dam monster need to seriously get a room...

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
BJ- said:
red5...man i just cant help urself can you...ahahhahaha...you and ur dam monster need to seriously get a room...
Hey, what's a man supposed too do, let someone talk shite on what I beleive to be a great fork? NO WAY! I can't help it if people are misinformed and need to be reeducated. I'm just doing my part to provide a good public service. :D

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
SamL3227 said:
oops. said the wrong thing. jeeze you didnt need to get all phyco on my i just made a mistake. i meant to say superT ok?
No worries bro, but that's a pretty big mistake. On the DC fork spectrum those two couldn't be much more farther apart. BTW, I wasn't being psycho, just passionate. I love my Monster and let no man talk smack on it.

Psycho...who's psycho??

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.