Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched but couldn't find an answer. So, does anyone know if it's possible to add a remote lockout to an R7 Super TPC fork that already has the twist lockout? Seems like you should be able to but I can't find any info on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, now that i've researched it a little more, it seems like some people are having problems with the remote lockout. anyone had bad luck with it? should i just stick with the crown mounted lockout?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Broseph said:
ah, now that i've researched it a little more, it seems like some people are having problems with the remote lockout. anyone had bad luck with it? should i just stick with the crown mounted lockout?
Absolutely possible and easy to do.

Only time i've had a problem is when the oil level isn't right. The system is VERY particular to oil level and cable tension. If either aren't "just so" then it won't work at all. Each lockout requires a different oil level.

If you go for it i'd say shorten the cable/housing to help reduce potential problems (IF you have any). If you need/want to you can substitute shifter cable for the inner and whatever you want for the outer. Just be sure to keep the cable tensioner!

FWIW - the ClickIt is nice IF you just want to go from lock to full plush. The plush setting on the ClickIt is on par with the plush setting on the crown mount, so if you like the two exptremes then you should be okay. If you're the type of person that prefers to use something firmer with the crown mount (ie, not turned all the way to plush) then you may/not like it. The ClickIt is all or nothing, NO in-between.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Broseph said:
thanks for the good info. so would i need more or less oil for the ClickIt remote?
Sorry for the wait, Broseph! Been busy designing.

TPC damper oil levels as per page 39/64 of the '06 Manitou pdf file;

R7 Super with TPC/crown mounted lockout = 115 - 125 mm
R7 Super with TPC/Remote ClickIt lockout = 105 - 115 mm

Basically, you would need to add oil. The oil level is measured from the top of the stanchion tube to the top of the oil inside the tube. Always try to err on the "short end" (more oil ..... lower measured value).

Link;

http://www.answerproducts.com/manua..._manitou_Forks.pdf?cvar1=1/13/2007+5:33:00+PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.