Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a descent look and realize similar questions have come up in the past and have been discussed at length, but I have a very specific case and would love some help.

I am currently running a fork and hub with a 15mm axle, however, I wish to upgrade to a Marzocchi 55 MICRO SWITCH TA, which as you may know only comes with a 20mm axle. Normally it would be possible to simply buy new adapters for the hubs, however I run American classic wheels... they don't do 20mm axles. So what i am wondering is, are there any companies that make some sort of insert for the fork that will allow me to use a 15mm axle?

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
Unless you had Mavic, King, or Hope hubs I am not aware of any standard adaptor for this. I think part of the issue is that the hub width is usually different from 20 to 15.

·
Clueless genius
275 Posts
No such product exists, as convenient as it would be. You'll need a new front hub. If your wheels use traditional J-bend spokes, then it's no problem to swap things over, but if they're straight-pull, then everything is proprietary and you'll need a new wheel. If the situation is the former, I highly recommend the DMR Convert hub, which you can use with 20, 15, AND 9mm just by swapping the end caps. They look snazzy too.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
How does the axle attach in the new fork? Is it just a shaft, or is it threaded at one end or something?

Where there's a will, there's a way. Check out misumiusa.com.

If you choose the wrong stuff, break an axle, and destroy your face... well, this is me warning you,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts