Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some from a guy pretty cheap for those times that I need a 1x9 rather than single speed. I figure that during the winter, it will be much easier than swapping cogs all the time when I go between riding the indoor park and the outdoor ice rink that is our trail during much of the winter. Anyway, seems like everyone complains about the noise of these things (the rpice was right on this one though) and I wondered if A) using MRP rollers (or the like) would quiet things down and B) if rollers could be swapped like that.

Any thoughts? Buehller?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Sure they can. However one of the design features of the Hussefelt guide that makes it so versatile and simple to setup is that the roller floats. So it may take a little more fussing to get it setup right. I've done it and seen it done, so it will work. Although, if it's one of the newer guides, not the older dual roller version, then you could try Truvativs *new* quiet roller. Just a thought.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red5 said:
Sure they can. However one of the design features of the Hussefelt guide that makes it so versatile and simple to setup is that the roller floats. So it may take a little more fussing to get it setup right. I've done it and seen it done, so it will work. Although, if it's one of the newer guides, not the older dual roller version, then you could try Truvativs *new* quiet roller. Just a thought.
thanks Red. Its the olda style and I think I might have to fabricate a bit anyway since I want to use it with a 32t ring (I think its designed for a 34 min) AND I want to use my existing rock guard.

I hope that can all be done. I figure the interior slots can be dremelled to fit the 32t ring and I can use some spacers in the chain ring bolts to move the guard out enough to accomodate the rollers. Since its a SS already, Im using the short bolts so longer ones with spacers might work. Does that sound like Im on the right track??

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
well, why don't you just try it out, instead of bothering us with this trivial stuff........
two words....p!mp slapping! yo sho' yo wants a piece a dis?

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cooter. said:
yes, but only if you make a reality tv show out of the whole process
dooood! I think you might really be onto something. perhaps I could wear a leopard thong while swapping the rollers too, I hear its gonna be the "new" black this fall!

·
Registered
662 Posts
namaSSte said:
dooood! I think you might really be onto something. perhaps I could wear a leopard thong while swapping the rollers too, I hear its gonna be the "new" black this fall!
nah brah, it's snakeskin print. that's the new black man, and the skimpier, the more "in" it is

so I hear

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cooter. said:
nah brah, it's snakeskin print. that's the new black man, and the skimpier, the more "in" it is

so I hear
do I get bonus points if I wrangle the snake myself all Steve Irwin style then hand stitch the thong using human hairs taken from the ladies bathroom floor?? Crikey!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
everybody knows the hairs are for flossing not sewing......
and to think some complain that there isn't any real advice being given on these forums. thanks brother, off to floss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.