Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I have an Esker Hayduke H2 in the cart. It has an MRP Raven 27.5 fork with 140mm travel. Would I be limited to 27.5+ (Esker FAQ says "Hayduke has clearance for 27.5x2.8" in the forward position, and 3.0" in the rearward position"), or would I still be able to run 29 x 2.4" like this Radavist article?

This post suggests with the latest build specs the Hayduke is "dedicated 27.5". I realize of course the Japhy is the 29+ model, but the 27.5+ / 29 x 2.4" seems like a good combination for my mix of gravel, tarmac, and trail (also the Japhy complete builds are sold out now).

I am guessing the answer is "obviously it will fit; 29x2.4" is roughly the same outside diameter as a 27.5+ tire", but not having the bike to look at in person, I'd rather be sure before finalizing the order.

@CCSS you may have some thoughts on this.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I doubt they’ve changed the spacing, and I know for sure that the previous version could run 29x2.4. A guy I was riding with on weds was doing just that on his :)

You should just email Esker. They respond quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked with MRP. The Hayduke H2 and H3 builds use MRP forks, but because the travel and offset are the same with the Marzocchi fork in the H1 build I am assuming the situation is the same. They said:

Our 27.5" 44mm offset Raven will not clear 29 wheels, you'll have interference with the crown/wheel and it won't be compatible

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curious to hear all about it! I'm considering a Japhy myself. Probably run it in the 2.5-2.6" tire range and start playing with chainstays as I get more confident. My current bike has 450mm CS, ha
Awesome - I was set on a white ("Desolation") Japhy but my wife was not into it (I think it looks great). The Hayduke is "Platinum" (matte gray). Should have it in ~4 weeks! Just in time for MN snow, but I will ride it anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.