Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can Diggle Parts Feedback

982 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  axolotl 
#1 ·
My Can Diggle frame should arrive in the next 2 weeks, time to put together a parts list.

This is the first complete build of a new bike and probably my last bike purchase so i want to make it a good one. Usually i buy complete bikes from a shop and leave it stock (until something breaks) but want a bit more with this bike.

I was originally after an AM bike (Ibis Mojo, The One, etc) but the Diggle will suit so much better, It will be used for FR/ Med DH and i want the bike and parts to last. Extreme weight saving is not to much of an issue as i am pretty light. Weight 145 pounds, 158 with hydration give or take. Height 5'7".

Through some experience and a lot of research this is what i have come up with so far:

Forks – Rockshox Totem 2 step air 1.5” steerer
Shock - Fox 5 DHX
Headset – Chris King 1.5 no thread set
Stem - Race Face Diablous
Bars – Easton Monkey-lite DH
Brakes – Code – Rotors 203front/185rear
Cranks – Profile racing 3 piece or Middleburn R7 – Both 175 mm with 22t/32t/Bash
BB – Hope Titanium if Middleburn Crank 73mm BB
Chainguide – E thirteen DRS
Fr & Rear derailleurs – XT (shadow rear)
Shifters – XTR
Chain – XTR
Cassette – XTR M970
Wheelset – Industry Nine Enduro - Black Rims and Hub – Red spokes – 20mm axle front/ 135x12mm axle rear
Seat Post – Easton Havoc
Saddle – Selle Italia Max Flite
Pedals – Specialized Lo Pro Mag 2
Grips – Odi Rouge Lock on

Feedback and recommendations would be great, it will ensure i build a bike that will last quite some time and be awesome to ride (may even turn some heads).

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice Build!

Build looks really nice!
Wondering if you need the Codes? There are lighter weight options that have plenty of power: Ones, Elixers, Saints (I'm running Elixers 8 and 8 and have more than enough power)
Have you thought about 170mm cranks? I'm thinking about them with all the travel, pedal strikes are easy.
Also maybe the I9 DH with mavic 721's instead of DT (bigger spokes and stronger rims for a little weight) I can't seem to get much durability out of the DT rims (5.1's or 6.1's)
Easton Havoc? - no Joplin, GD, Raze?
Of course all this is just personal preference. I think your bike is going to be soooo nice!
Congratulations!

#3 ·
axolotl said:
Build looks really nice!
Wondering if you need the Codes? There are lighter weight options that have plenty of power: Ones, Elixers, Saints (I'm running Elixers 8 and 8 and have more than enough power)
Have you thought about 170mm cranks? I'm thinking about them with all the travel, pedal strikes are easy.
Also maybe the I9 DH with mavic 721's instead of DT (bigger spokes and stronger rims for a little weight) I can't seem to get much durability out of the DT rims (5.1's or 6.1's)
Easton Havoc? - no Joplin, GD, Raze?
Of course all this is just personal preference. I think your bike is going to be soooo nice!
Congratulations!
Thanks for that, it will probably come down to price on the brakes, already running elixers on my Giant and they are good but would like some Codes for the bit extra stopping power.

Have never used 170mm cranks so cant comment on this one, are the pedal strikes that frequent? I will have to look at the Geo to see the heights on the Diggle compared to The One.

I will look at the wheels, i have the Wheelcraft manufactures local, just pick the rims, hubs and spokes and they will do the rest. I am after duable so the DTs might not cut it.

I would love a Joplin, have read a couple of bad reviews, have you had any problems?

#4 ·
madaus said:
Have never used 170mm cranks so cant comment on this one, are the pedal strikes that frequent? I will have to look at the Geo to see the heights on the Diggle compared to The One.

I will look at the wheels, i have the Wheelcraft manufactures local, just pick the rims, hubs and spokes and they will do the rest. I am after duable so the DTs might not cut it.

I would love a Joplin, have read a couple of bad reviews, have you had any problems?
I'm noticing pedal strikes to be a good bit more frequent going from a 160 to 200 travel. I haven't used 170 cranks either. but I'm thinking about it now.

When you specify DH for the I9's they give you thicker spokes.

I use a Gravity Dropper and have had no problems. I've heard of people having problems with the GD and the Joplin. Some of my friends have broke 3 or 4 (both kinds). They just warranty them or buy another. None of us would ride without them. They are way better than sliced bread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.