Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handlebar that is ...

I have a new xc bike coming in March. The stock bars are 640mm or 25.1 inches wide. I like to ride wide bars and hope to keep the weight down if possible. This will be my first light weight bike in many, many years. So, any good suggestions on a wide riser bar between $50-$100?

The stock handlebars: TruVativ Team alloy risers in 35° rise x 640mm width, 31.8 clamp.

Thanks for the suggestions.

zul

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
zul said:
Handlebar that is ...

I have a new xc bike coming in March. The stock bars are 640mm or 25.1 inches wide. I like to ride wide bars and hope to keep the weight down if possible. This will be my first light weight bike in many, many years. So, any good suggestions on a wide riser bar between $50-$100?

The stock handlebars: TruVativ Team alloy risers in 35° rise x 640mm width, 31.8 clamp.

Thanks for the suggestions.

zul
No, but I know a fantastic website where you can get great reviews to help:
link here

:p :D :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
ferday said:
uh, can you guys read? the OP wants wider than 640mm...the monkey lites are 610mm, that is a smaller number...

try the on-one bars www.on-one.co.uk they have some super wide bars
The Monkeylite SL is only 610mm but the Monkeylite XC is 660mm. But there are plenty of good bars out there and I'm not sure if there is much difference between them other than the length or sweeps. Look at the FSA, Race Face, Answer ProTaper, Eastons, etc. There are some bargin bars but I haven't seen any in OS 31.8 yet.

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great suggestions

Looking into the Easton Monkeybar. I saw they have a DH Carbon bar ... who'da thought carbon and a DH bike could get along?

Anyways, 685mm is plenty wide. They have some 'light enough' bars that are reinforced. Sounds like a winner!

zul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.