Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
mudlover71 said:
I've tried some cheapies and they only seem to be good to about 100 feet.:madman: Can anyone help?
I find that motorolas usually work the best. I'd also suggest the newer GMRS frequency which has more power and is separate from the ubiquitous FRS frequencies. The range is supposed to be quite a bit more, however, it is still basically line of sight, so not the greatest to reach other riders if they are on the other side of a canyon, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I bought some higher end Cobra FMS/GMRS and they suck. The rechargeable batteries only last like 30min. and then the radio goes nuts. With regular batteries I guess they work fine, but then you go through batteries.

I'd second Motorola's, hard to go wrong from what I've seen. And I have to point out that to operate on the GMRS channels, a FCC license is required. However, they have made it as easy as just filling out a little form and sending it in to get your license. Might even be able to do it online now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.