1,048 Posts
I lol'ed Jake...if we had a rep system on the forum, you would have a few

and, I'm guessing a paint job!

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day 1...

sanded it down, did 1 coat of primer, wet sand, primer again. Painted the helmet with Cherry black and the visor is an anodized gold. The Visor now is black with a bronze shine. Going to go grab some gold paint over paint tomorrow along with some brushes. Gonna do it a step at a time with the design details and then clear coat. Could this be the first Ibex themed helmet? :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
thought about doing a custom paint job on my helmet (im not bad with a brush actually just takes a long time) but I havent gotten around to it yet. Would also be nice if I had a good airbrush, could make it look alot cooler but all I have are brushes and paints lol
I want to do something like this but I would need and airbrush for this: (first one at the top, would also take a crazy long time to paint that and do a good job of it)
http://www.3dartspace.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=119&Itemid=27

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
mrpercussive said:
mad that looks pretty good... XD

dogonfr just brought out an airbrush kit... Might be playing with that as well... XD
u get a compressor? otherwise ur going to be going through alot of those bottles if u try to do something big lol

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
mrpercussive said:
Day 1...

sanded it down, did 1 coat of primer, wet sand, primer again. Painted the helmet with Cherry black and the visor is an anodized gold. The Visor now is black with a bronze shine. Going to go grab some gold paint over paint tomorrow along with some brushes. Gonna do it a step at a time with the design details and then clear coat. Could this be the first Ibex themed helmet? :thumbsup:
The visor is aluminum?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.