Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No known cure
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored this 14" M200 at a pawn shop for $50. They were asking $65 but I showed them that the "front sprocket" (BB) was loose and it needed a front tube. It's pretty much in mint condition. It has Shimano Altus components with Grip Shift 7 speed shifters. The head tube is 1". I think this bike is from the year that Cannondale started selling bikes in big box retail stores and was blackballed from independent bike dealers(at least mine.) So...1997 maybe? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
Its funny, i've looked in MBA AND Mountain Biking Buyers guides for 1993, 94, 95 and 96 and there's no M200 model in any of them.

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,749 Posts
M200 SE and LE in 96

Although they have the LE and SE decals as well. One of them was offered in this green paint scheme.
Frame is deffinately prior to '97 with that headtube decale

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
DeeEight said:
Its funny, i've looked in MBA AND Mountain Biking Buyers guides for 1993, 94, 95 and 96 and there's no M200 model in any of them.
Yeah, that cracked me up too. Those buyer's guides are notorious for errors and omissions. They only print what manufacturers send them - which many times is only middle to higher end bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.