Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a tire pressure gauge that is for cars be used for measuring tire pressure on my bike?
or I got to get a tire pressure gauge that is ment for bikes.

PSI is the same for care tires or bike tires, no????:confused:

·
What could go wrong ...
1,996 Posts
do you have presta or schrader valves ?

and yes you can use a car tire gauge but if you have presta valves you will need to use an adapter ... but I suggest if you have presta valves to get a gauge for them and dont use the adapter

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zoke2 said:
do you have presta or schrader valves ?

and yes you can use a car tire gauge but if you have presta valves you will need to use an adapter ... but I suggest if you have presta valves to get a gauge for them and dont use the adapter
I got PRESTA valves, but why I need the adapter for the presta valve, my car gauge fits on the presta, dont you need the adapter if you have a schrader valve????

·
Registered
424 Posts
arielDB said:
I got PRESTA valves, but why I need the adapter for the presta valve, my car gauge fits on the presta, dont you need the adapter if you have a schrader valve????

Shrader is the big one like on your car, presta is the skinny one. I use a digital gauge made for cars on my bike all the time. I also use the adapter, never had any issues.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
denjen said:
Shrader is the big one like on your car, presta is the skinny one. I use a digital gauge made for cars on my bike all the time. I also use the adapter, never had any issues.
O ok so I have a Shrader valve

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I just got confused,

Thanks guys, I just got confused, I know I have Schrader valve, its just that & guy from my building that dose DJ & it look like he knows about bikes told me that I can’t use my cars pressure gauge for my bike, its not the same when it come to a cars & bikes PSI.

So I guss he is worng :nono:

·
Registered
424 Posts
arielDB said:
Thanks guys, I just got confused, I know I have Schrader valve, its just that & guy from my building that dose DJ & it look like he knows about bikes told me that I can’t use my cars pressure gauge for my bike, its not the same when it come to a cars & bikes PSI.

So I guss he is worng :nono:
Sounds like he needs to start wearing a helmet when he rides.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts