Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Yes...

Forks have different Axle to crown lenghts.

Let's go to the extremes to make it clearer. If you put a Zoke 888 the headtube will end up higher than it would with a RS SID.

Depends on the maker and travel of the fork. Forks in the same travel league will have similar (not exactly equal) Axle to crown lenghts. It may vary from make and model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warp2003 said:
Forks have different Axle to crown lenghts.

Let's go to the extremes to make it clearer. If you put a Zoke 888 the headtube will end up higher than it would with a RS SID.

Depends on the maker and travel of the fork. Forks in the same travel league will have similar (not exactly equal) Axle to crown lenghts. It may vary from make and model.
Thanks for the quick reply, I have a med Heckler with the Firefly and I just picked the bike up and I thought I got a large frame by mistake. I like to have at least 1 inch between me and the bike when I stand over it but now I have no clearence.and my sales person says it could be the fork.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Decapatator said:
Thanks for the quick reply, I have a med Heckler with the Firefly and I just picked the bike up and I thought I got a large frame by mistake. I like to have at least 1 inch between me and the bike when I stand over it but now I have no clearence.and my sales person says it could be the fork.
You might be above 5'10" (at least) for a Large frame. And yes, you should have at least one inch of clearance. Ask on the Downhill forum 'cos I know big hit frames feel taller due to the long travel. Once over the bike it dissapears. Also, big hit riders prefer smaller frames as they can move it easily once airborne.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warp2003 said:
You might be above 5'10" (at least) for a Large frame. And yes, you should have at least one inch of clearance. Ask on the Downhill forum 'cos I know big hit frames feel taller due to the long travel. Once over the bike it dissapears. Also, big hit riders prefer smaller frames as they can move it easily once airborne.
Thanks again Warp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts