Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Older & Slower
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may be a repetitive post, but here goes...

1. I'm 195-200 lbs and just bought a Giant Anthem X2...

2. The stock WTB Silverado saddle is lite (210 grams), but not as comfortable as my Specialized Avatar Gel (155mm width)...especially for 24 Hour Solo races/training (the WTB Silverado is pretty narrow)...

3. Is there hope for me?...Is there anything out there that might work, but weigh less than my 370 gram Specialized Avatar Gel?

·
Older & Slower
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i noticed that specialized has discontinued the avatar and the phenom seems to have replaced it...

1. do you think there's a big comfort difference between the SL and Gel versions?

2. do you think a 143 wide saddle would feel narrow compared to a 155?...i didn't see any 155 wide performance saddles on the Specialized website...i wonder if they phased them out?...i wonder if i could get away with a 143?...

3. finding a good saddle can be difficult/expensive (if you buy one and it doesn't work out)...

4. any additional advice that may help steer me in the right direction?...i know this kind of thing is personal preference.

·
More carbon fiber please!
684 Posts
I kind of go nuts reading all these saddle threads. What you need to do is find a shape that fits YOU and then check out seats that have the shape/size that work. Then move to various materials within the same shape/size. There's no way you can say with certainty that what one person loves another will. Get out and try every one you're considering. Buy what YOU feel good on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My two cents

Saddles are definitely dependent on the rider. I'll ride a flite saddle for 3hours no problem, but when ur talking 20 plus hours thats a whole other story. The Devo and Silverado are not well suited for most riders just look at all the bad press. My vote would be for the Rocket V Sealth for longer rides (only 210 grams).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.