Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mr. Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Trek Police e-Bike with RS Judy Silver TK forks at 100mm. I am a big Clyde rider at 295 pounds. I do trail rides & road, so some rocks, lots of roots, and flowing hardpack. The 30mm Judy's are NOT making it! Trek says 120mm is the maximum on that bike. I think with my weight, I can get by with 130mm, maybe even 140 if needed. So...

The Lyrik is what I am looking at for pure beef and strength, but I cannot find any used less than 160mm travel. I know the Pike is kissing cousins to the Lyrik/Yari, so can I use a Pike 120mm or 130mm Debonair air shaft on a 160mm Lyrik?

I need to answer this before I spend half a grand on forks only to find out they can't be dropped effectively.

Keep in mind my size. Also the steer tube on the Trek Police requires 7-3/4" to 8-1/4 steer tube. The Police is basically a Trek PowerFly 5 but a longer steer tube.

Thanks for the help suspension gods!

Rmpl

·
Mr. Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To close out this thread, I ended up getting a 2019 Yari 160mm fork. I bought the RockShox 120mm YARI DebonAir air spring #00.4019.932.006 to reduce travel to 120mm. Because of the inherent static sag that seems to be common on DebonAir forks, the fork travel is more like 110mm.

Rmpl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.