Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've found my problem with getting a caliper mounted and its uneven mounts on a Manitou. Can they be faced? I'm not sure how versatile those tools are. If so, does anyone know where in SW Ohio they might be able to do that?

Thanks

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
vwagoneer said:
I think I've found my problem with getting a caliper mounted and its uneven mounts on a Manitou. Can they be faced? I'm not sure how versatile those tools are. If so, does anyone know where in SW Ohio they might be able to do that?

Thanks
The disc tab facing tools aren't setup for this so you would have to try some other method. Sounds like a warranty issue though. I would try to contact Answer (link below) before cutting into the post mount. Also double check to make sure the problem isn't on the caliper end.

http://www.answerproducts.com/helpdesk.asp?helpid=4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be...

Homebrew said:
The disc tab facing tools aren't setup for this so you would have to try some other method. Sounds like a warranty issue though. I would try to contact Answer (link below) before cutting into the post mount. Also double check to make sure the problem isn't on the caliper end.

http://www.answerproducts.com/helpdesk.asp?helpid=4
That the holes seem the slightest bit closer than on the SX-R that I had this mounted on prior. It's hard to get both bolts in there. Maybe that's springing the caliper outta whack. Thanks for the advice; I dropped Answer a line. We'll see.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answer's customer service

I emailed Answer cust svc, but, as expected, I have yet to hear a peep. I doubt I hear anything from them. Thank God for companies like Sram, Magura and Marzocchi for having actual customer service. I doubt I recommend any more Manitous to customers on the builds I do in the future.

Thanks and be well.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
vwagoneer said:
I emailed Answer cust svc, but, as expected, I have yet to hear a peep. I doubt I hear anything from them. Thank God for companies like Sram, Magura and Marzocchi for having actual customer service. I doubt I recommend any more Manitous to customers on the builds I do in the future.

Thanks and be well.
Six days is it bit of a stretch to expect an email answer. That's too bad, since Manitou tech usually gets back to me within a few days of my writing.

The good news is that, of late, it has become easier to get one of their techs on the phone. I'd suggest you give them a call and ask the question. As a "fan" of Manitou and an owner of two of their forks, I'm curious to hear their answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.