Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if it will work, but looking into fitting a 2016 Fuel EX shock on an older superfly frame (with some mods) that will mount the shock horizontally for a friend. From my understanding there is no reason it shouldn't work horizontally due to the only difference being the oil damper that is under pressure, but i figured i would check since all the Trek frames seem to have them designed vertically since they went full floater.

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
I'm a little confused by your shock orientation references, but the Reaktiv feature is in the damper with oil and no air, so orientation doesn't matter. AFAIK, full-floater shocks were oriented vertically, with the top attached to the seat stay rocker and the lower end attached to a forward extension of the chainstays.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LR, i edited the original post so the orientation made more sense, sorry about the confusion.

I really just needed someone to confirm the shock will work mounted horizontal, which it seems it would, so thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.