Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, a Big Howzit goin from Nor-Cal:cornut: I'm headed down to LA this weekend and was thinking of stopping off at Upper Oso for the night and riding the connector trail the next day. I haven't ridden there in 5 or 6 years and was wondering how things are. Any feedback would be appreciated:thumbsup:

·
Mtb Extraordinaire
290 Posts
Just rode it yesterday. The road through the river was closed because the river was too high (just above my knees). The fireroad was perfectly moist. The beginning of the trail was wet in spots but not too bad. The rest of the trail was perfectly moist as well but alittle overgrown. The last river crossing was just under my crotch and freezing. Overall a great ride even with the trail being that overgrown. Should be perfect by this weekend with a week of perfect weather coming up and im sure the road will be open.

I did have 1 tick on me, so make sure you check when your done.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the info. Is there a site that shows the river level/when the gate will be opened? I was hoping to camp at upper oso.

·
Mtb Extraordinaire
290 Posts
I'm not from here so I really dont know but it looks like there are numerous places to camp on the closer side of the river. Even with the gate closed it only added about 1/4 mile total distance to the ride and maybe 1-2 miles total form the nearest camp ground.

I'm sure you can find it online somewhere if the gate is closed or not.

Have a great ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts