Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I am looking for a MTB camp or clinic (3 days would be great) somewhere in the Northeast. I live in NJ, but would be willing to travel to Vermont, Virginia, or anywhere in between. I would really prefer to be in a women-only group, I think it would help to build my confidence seeing how other women ride. I'm not really a beginner, but had a couple of falls last year, so I'm feeling a little unsure on the bike. Thought if I started with the basics, I could get past all of that.

I have looked into Gene Hamilton's camps, but the nearest women's only camp is in Atlanta - just a little further than I wanted to travel! Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Kori

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
New England camp

I have been exchanging e-mails with Gene about holding a camp(s) in New England. He would like to do it but the expense for him and distance is huge. I have ofered a few suggestions to hold the price at the current level and also perhaps run 2 camps back to back to make it worth the long trip from CO. At less than 10 students per class I feel very confident he could fill the slots. I urged him to post on the New England Mountain Bike Assoc. web site (http://www.nemba.org) to see what kind of interest there might be.

Write to him about having a camp or 2 here in NE and he will get back to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, skidad! I actually have already sent Gene an e-mail (haven't heard back yet), but I will also log into the New England forums and see if there is any activity there. I wouldn't think he'd have any trouble filling two classes, I could probably even drum up some business here at my local bike shop.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took the women's downhill camp at Highland Mountain in New Hampshire last year and learned tons. I highly recommend it. www.highlandmountain.com

Also, I think Ideride gives women's specific xc or freeride camps at Kingdom Trails VT. I've only done the Ideride DH shuttles and have ridden the xc trails there, so I can't comment on the camps themselves, but they seem like super nice people and the trails there are some of the best you will find in the northeast. http://www.ideride.com
www.kingdomtrails.com

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have been talking to Gene Hamilton about a women's clinic at Whiteface. Gene would mostl likey come for our big race on 9-12-2010. I will keep you posted. I know that's late in the season, so here's another option;
Throw some names out here and I will see if that person wants to hold a clinic at Whiteface earlier in the season. I am working on our season and calendar of events now, so this would be a good time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.