Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to take the family (wife, 5yoa daughter and dog) on a camping trip in June and need your help.

I am looking for a place to camp (tent) not too far from the area trails (less than 45 minute drive). I prefer the, “out in the woods” feeling in a campground, but, not primitive camping.

The only things that are a MUST are....
DOGS (German Shepherd) allowed
Shaded Sites
CLEAN restrooms and HOT showers.

My wife and daughter (and the dog too, I believe) prefer to have electric and water hookups on the site.

I prefer to be near the water (springs) to do some diving while I am there.

I have stayed at Alexander Springs and Juniper Springs in the past. I like these campgrounds, however; I am always looking for different places to stay.

Let me know what campgrounds / trails you would recommend.

I am a Newbie to MTB'ing and plan on riding the Santos trails while I am there. My wife does not ride (working on daughter – he he) so I will be riding solo and not looking for anything to hairy.

Thanks
Gordi

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,220 Posts
They just opened a campground at Santos, the biggest of the 2 trail systems in the ocala area. The campsites are oh say 50 yards from the trail so getting there isn't much of an issue. The other trail, Razorback, is like 25 minutes north of there and only open on weekends. Santos is open 24/7.

www.omba.org

EDIT: I just read your post again. The Santos campground is not in ONF like Alexander springs and the other park campgrounds. And if you aren't looking for hairy trails you might want to avoid Razorback.

·
Registered
743 Posts
you can ride santos all day if you wanted. Although its not out there per say it's still a great place. Ocala is only a couple minutes down the road if your wife wants to wonder around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.