Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking up a long cross-country drive with a stopover in Boise. We'll arrive in the afternoon, stretch our legs with a 2-3 hour ride (prob. Military Reserve Park?), then find someplace to camp. Don't need much in the way of facilities - a picnic table and an outhouse would be nice but not strictly necessary. Dry camp is fine. Won't be leaving our camp unattended - we'll pull in, make dinner, sleep, and hit the road again in the morning.

Suggestions? Is there a good zone of forest service dispersed camping within 20-30 minutes of town? Or an inexpensive campground you would recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Which way will you be heading? Are you in a camper or setting up a tent? Right near Boise will be limited. There is a KOA in Meridian. I don't know anything about it, or your feelings about KOAs. Your options will expand if you're heading up 21 toward Idaho City. There are a few campgrounds as you get into the forest, but we're probably talking 45 mins outside of town. If you're staying on the interstate, I won't be of much help I'm afraid ... (link to the KOA below).

https://koa.com/campgrounds/boise/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tent camping, heading east. What about the more remote Ridge to Rivers trailheads? Would anyone make a fuss if we spent the night at one of those? As I said, we'd be gone by pretty early in the morning, no campfires or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.