Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Camping/Mountain Biking Advice

876 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  asuperstar103 
#1 ·
Ok well I love to go camping and mountain biking, so I am planning a trip where I can do both.

I want to go where temperatures will be cooler and the mountain biking won't be the same old local stuff I can get here.

I decided the tahoe area is best, for it's mountainous regions and cool temperatures in the summer. Only problem is, I have no clue where to look or where the good places are. All I know is that I want to sleep in my tent, get up, walk out, and go ride trails right from the campground, if that's possible.

So I turn to many of you who probably already know/have been to the best places like that int he tahoe area. Any help is GReatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Have you ever heard of hammock camping? How about lightweight or ultralightweight backpacking? Wait, first let me ask, are you camping with your gear on your back/trailer, or out of a car? It makes a difference in what I would take. Then, are you camping out of a tent, or looking to rent a cabin?

#5 ·
I go camping and biking also, but nowhere close to that area. I love to climb out of the tent in the morning, jump on my bike, and come back and eat breakfast early in the morning. It's wonderful:thumbsup: !!! I live in Parkersburg and North Bend State Park has a setup like that. There are places close in Ohio that I go to also. We kayake also. I love to do that. I hope you enjoy yourself.

http://www.superflysunglasses.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.